Thursday, January 14, 2010

And into 2010 we go ...



After a very well deserved break I was welcomed into 2010 with a personalised calendar from Annie Malan Promotions when I met her for a coffee at Cafe Fresco at Benmore Gardens near her offices. Every year the bubbly Annie prints about 300 of these for her clients but each page has been digitally enhanced to contain the name of the person it is sent to. Her team of graphic artists labour for hours to include the name of each client, and my January has the back of a Volksie with SARAH's BUG on it, followed by industrial door with DANGER _ SARAH CANGLEY ONLY on it for February, and a personalised Easter egg, and so on. This is one calendar that does not hit the bin, she says. When she goes to see the likes of Jaco Marais the calendar has pride of place on his desk! Another treat in store was a huge gorgeous book on Cartier timepieces which Christine Roux and her team from Vendome Distributors had sent me, the most fabulous Christmas present ever. I staggered off home with it, vowing to only use the famous "little white glove" when I looked at it.

Back to Annie though. She really made me laugh when she told me that her cat Max "Sipho" Malan has a Facebook page with 100 friends. Cats are king in the Cangley household where they are worshipped in a manner akin to the ancient Egyptians. There really is such a thing as "catpower" so I decided to start a Facebook page for my cat Oscar who is a beautiful boy. He is soft gray and white and looks like Winston Churchill, all he needs is a cigar. Will alert the media when it is up as there are hopefully other cat-moggy people out there ...



Oscar "No 1 Kitty Boy" Cangley ... deserves his own Facebook page.

AS you can tell things have been very quiet on the social front (besides the Kurland P0lo and the Queens Plate down in the Cape), but there is a stirring next week when I have been invited to a slumber party at AtholPlace. Hopefully it will be a real girlie treat when we all get into our big fluffy bathrobes and never want to get out of them again.

And all the news again, after switching my phone OFF for three weeks! On a Caster Sememye watch to see if she runs again. A gift from God like that can't go unused. The attack on the Togo players disturbed me, South Africa is wide open right now, we need to adopt the Nazi techniques at our Customs and borders which are used by other countries like Australia, the UK and the US. Right now the terrorists are probably doing their homework and seeing how easy it is to walk right in with bombs, explosives, etc. There ain't even a sniffer dog in sight. And I dont know about the fans falling prey to our criminals so much, the soccer hooligans from other countries are probably worse. That said, it is going to be HUGE and I can;t WAIT!

Just picked up a copy of the Eat In, so will have something to say about that on my next posting. There are a few great places which they forgot to put it...

No comments: