Monday, August 17, 2009

Putting on a brave face


No wonder I was SAD last week. Looks like winter is back and I have to crawl into my jerseys again. That will teach me to take everything off to the drycleaners before September 1! Women's Day saw to it that last week was a helluva quiet week and the only bright spot was a marvellous facial at the La Mer Retreat at Stuttafords in Sandton which made my face feel twenty again. They had - wait for it- an inhouse towel warmer which beat any airline hot towels hands down. You haven't lived until you've had the hot towel experience. I didn't even mind the bright-ass magnifying glass which looked at every wrinkle, every pore and every defect and blemish in high definition. Great tips from the salon lady Jasmin too: use cleansing lotion with your exfoliator cream for extra "slip". For some peculiar reason La Mer cream has always made me break out in hideous hives along the jawline so it was a blessing to discover that there are alternatives such a gel and lotion. And who knew you could lie in state with a face cream as a mask on your face for 20 minutes, and come out looking all glowing and gorgeous? If a bit greasy ... worth braving the stares in Sandton.

No comments: